The Entries should be 8 to 10 min of documented craft on the following topics only
- Crafts-? A fight for survival.
- Crafts- The magic of creation.
- Crafts-? A signpost of culture.
- The entries can be in English or in any other language.? All ?entries must be subtitled in English.
- The Entry forms and other details can be downloaded from WCC website.
- There is no entry fee.
- The entry forms should be filled in completely and registration submitted by email before August 1st 2012.
- The entries should be submitted in an approved DVD FORMAT as a hardcopy before???????? ?SEP 1ST 2012 to the WCC address given in the entry form.
- The contest is open only to students. The contestants should send a scanned copy of photo identity and proof of student status at the time of registration by email.
- Each contestant can register for a maximum of 2 entries. Separate entry forms must be registered by email for each film.
- Each entry will be assigned an application reference number.
- The DVD entries must be submitted as a hard copy within the stipulated time and must be accompanied with the following:
- A synopsis of the film.
- The signed declaration form.
- A student ID issued by a proper authority
- All hard copy DVD film entries must be labeled with the title, running time, filmmakers name, the application reference number and contact details.
- The DVD films should be in a minimum standard PAL resolution of 720/576 or NTSC resolution of 720/480.
- The DVD films should play on any DVD player regardless of the zone and on VLC Media player.
- The DVD films should be suitable for Standard Definition Broadcast. (for screening in Festivals.?
- All DVD films must carry English subtitles.
- There will be a pre selection of all the DVD films for short-listing for the final round. ?These contestants will be intimated by email.
- A panel of five eminent jurors will select the best three films from the shortlisted films.
- ?The winning contestants will be awarded citations and cash prizes. ?The respective institutes will also be acknowledged.
- The winning entries will be screened at International film festivals.
- The three best films will receive a citation and a cash award of USD 10000, USD 5000 and USD 3000 respectively.
The contest is an innovative approach to spread awareness among students about craft and create an archive of craft films on traditional crafts.
We believe that what is more valuable than the prize money is your contribution to preserve your country?s unique cultural traditions.
?Of all our inventions for mass communication, visuals still speak the most universally understood language?-said Walt Disney.
Send your queries and registration by email
2 thoughts on “INTERNATIONAL CRAFT FILM CONTEST FOR STUDENTS”
As a student of visual art, I am really delighted to read this announcement. Hopefully the whole thing will be pretty interesting to participate. And I’d like to do that with my creation. But there is one thing that I didn’t understand, the genre “Craft Film” and as I read this topic I’ve searched for it. Unfortunately I didn’t get any satisfactory reply. So, is there any option or link to know about this word “Craft Film”? Is it a kind of genre or any style or film movement like Third Film ? It’d be your kind, if you like to tell me something about it in a brief.
is there any obligation that the craft must be a documentary film ??