Having heard Saif speak of muslin over the last three years, I had gained some knowledge, albeit second hand. Going out filming with him to museums, arboretums and libraries, I had met some of the world’s leading experts. Lived part of the history. A surprise awaited me. It is not a book written by an expert, but a labour of love, written by a hungry enthusiast, not yet jaded by the weight of authority. It has all the facts. The rigour of research. The scholarly precision. The concern for one’s fellow human. Continue reading “The spirit of a ghostly fabric”
Dilawez Durdana(Deepa) to shahidul
Please spare few minutes to check out the following link & vote for
entry# 8 Fall Flower Bouquet, the entry from Bangladesh!
Forward this to your friends & help the entry win! Please Retweet #Bangladeshwin
The Entries should be 8 to 10 min of documented craft on the following topics only
- Crafts-? A fight for survival.
- Crafts- The magic of creation.
- Crafts-? A signpost of culture.
- The entries can be in English or in any other language.? All ?entries must be subtitled in English.
- The Entry forms and other details can be downloaded from WCC website.
- There is no entry fee.