|Dear friends of photographyONLY ONE WEEK LEFT
DANISH DIGITAL 2012 will close for registration of entries on 4 February.
DANISH DIGITAL 2012 is an international salon of photography organanised by Fotoklubben Negativ, Roskilde, Denmark, under patronage of FIAP (2012/007) and under PSA recognition. Further, DANISH DIGITAL 2012 is recognised by Society of Danish Photography and by United Photographers International (UPI).
There are three sections – monochrome, colour and nature.Altogether there are 75 prizes to be won!?For full conditions of entry and for entering DANISH DIGITAL 2012, please visit www.danishdigital.dk.
Looking forward to receiving your entries.
DANISH DIGITAL 2012
Culture Lab & ISIS Arts Residency Programme?
Call for Applications
Culture Lab and ISIS Arts are excited to be launching ?their second joint, open call for a Resident in 2012. ?Proposals are invited from practitioners and researchers from across the spectrum of creative art, design and technology to undertake research in Culture Lab for a minimum of 3 weeks between 1 April ? 14 December 2012.
Nortd, Lasersaur, (Culture Lab and ISIS Arts residency artists 2011)
An interest in one of the following topics is desirable but applications are also invited from candidates with other interests:
– Data Visualisation / Interactive Visualisation
– New Ways of Interaction and Communication
– Audiovisual and Sound Interfaces/ Biofeedback Applications
– Digital Fabrication
– Social, Cultural and Ethical Practice of Emerging Technologies
You would have use of Culture Lab?s research facilities and equipment, a fee of ?2500 (to include travel, accommodation and materials).
Based at Newcastle University, Culture Lab http://culturelab.ncl.ac.uk, is:
– A centre for creative inquiry in the broadest sense of the term
– A world class research facility for experimentation in interactive media
– A university resource to incubate and facilitate interdisciplinary activity
– A leader in the region?s cultural ecology, providing knowledge for a digital?society.
Based in Newcastle City Centre, ISIS Arts is an artist led, visual and media arts organisation, which runs an international programme of commissions, residencies and events. ISIS Arts? core ethos is to support artists to facilitate international and inter-cultural exchange and to engage as wide an audience as possible in dialogue with artists and artworks. Actively seeking out and engaging with artists of all backgrounds and cultures to produce work that explores identity and challenges prejudice, creating projects of international relevance and local significance.
What we will provide: ?
– Access to Culture Lab?s highly sought after research facilities which?range from an 8-camera motion capture system to a professional?standard recording studio and Digital Fabrication Lab. Access to ISIS
Arts studio spaces for visiting artists
– Integration into Culture Lab?s community of research staff and?students, and ISIS Art?s regional community of artists and practitioners
– A budget of up to ?2500 to offset costs of production, living expenses,?travel and accommodation
How To Apply ?
Please submit, via email, to Sarah Greenhalgh (Sarah.Greenhalgh@newcastle.ac.uk) the following: ?
– A project proposal (up to 2-sides of A4), detailing residency activities and?proposed work plan for minimum 3-week period (which can be?consecutive or non-consecutive weeks). Include in this document how the?residency will further the artistic/research direction you have proposed,?as well as a description of a proposed format for public presentation at the?end of the residency.
– A budget detailing your proposed use of up to ?2500 residency grant.
– Work sample, submitted via a link to a website (Please do not submit?attachments via email).
– The dates you would prefer to undertake the residency.
– A curriculum vitae, outlining recent work, exhibition, performance and?research activities.
For full details about this opportunity and how to apply please visit the ISIS Arts website: http://www.isisarts.org.uk/opportunities
Dear All and one!
Google+ is only a few months old, but the photography community is already thriving on it. More than 3.4 billion photos have been uploaded to the platform in the first 100 days from far-away places to up-close faces. Seven days left for Google Photography Prize submissions!
Some great prizes to be won:
10 finalists chosen by a jury of renowned photographers will show their work at Saatchi Gallery, London for two months in 2012.
Categories: ?Me; ?Food; Travel; Fashion; Action; Street; Sport; Night; Sound/Silence; Point-of-view
How to submit photos?
1.???? Submit your photos to Google+
2.???? Fill out the submission form at:?http://www.google.com/landing/photographyprize/submission.html
Wish you best of luck!
Abdullah Al Razwan (Nabin)
Pathshala South Asian Media Academy
- The $15,000 Arnold Newman Prize for New Directions in Photographic Portraiture.
- Adobe presents the Breakthrough Photography Award to celebrate artists creating compelling works through digital imaging. An award of $1,000 prize and Adobe? Creative Suite? 5.5 Master Collection will be given to the winner.
- The Marty Forscher Fellowship Fund cash award to one professional and one student winner.
- The Sony Emerging Photographer Award to one emerging photographer who will receive a Sony camera and a $1,000 cash prize.
- Ten winners will receive a Nielsen Photo Group membership which includes; subscriptions to PDN and Rangefi nder magazines, a PDN PhotoPlus Expo Gold Expo Pass, a PhotoServe portfolio and discounts on WPPI and PDN contests.
- PDN Editor’s Choice Award: one winner will receive a full-page self promotion ad in an upcoming issue of PDN.