2013 PhotoPhilanthropy Activist Awards
THE ACTIVIST AWARDS next submission period opens October 1, 2013
The PhotoPhilanthropy Activist Awards identify outstanding work done by photographers in collaboration with nonprofit organizations worldwide and awards prizes ranging from $2,000-$15,000. In previous years, work was submitted on behalf of 435 nonprofit organizations from 88 different countries.
This year, PhotoPhilanthropy will be honoring professional, amateur, and student photographers. Each photographer whose work is accepted receives a page on our website and exposure to a growing audience of concerned and committed global citizens.
- Before entering the Activist Awards, please review our Submissions Guidelines.
- Once the guidelines have been reviewed, you may submit your essay.
- If you have additional questions, please refer to our list of FAQs.
- If you have questions regarding how to create an effective photo essay, please refer to our Photo Essay Tips.
- If you would like more information about how to further distribute your photo essay, please refer to our tips to Share Your Work.
- If you have additional questions that were not answered with the above information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
winning tips for submitting to photo contests
Ami Vitale is an award winning photojournalist whose long and distinguished career has taken her to more than 85 countries, and garnered her exhibitions and assignments worldwide. She’s also spent considerable time entering her images and serving as a judge for numerous photo contests including PhotoPhilanthropy’s 2010 Activist Awards. Her work has won multiple awards from World Press Photo, POYi, and The Lucie Awards, among others.
In a recent conversation with PhotoShelter co-founder Allen Murabayashi, Ami shares her key tips and insights for submitting work to photo contests, including:
- Which contests are worth your time and effort
- The most common mistakes photographers make when submitting work
- The importance of properly researching contests and tailoring your submission
- How to determine the right photo contest for you
Watch Ami’s webinar here: