Jody Haines ? Slide-show: Australian Photography
Tuesday, 29 January, 6PM, Goethe-Institut
Jody Haines ? Workshop:?Curating 101
2- 5 February, Pathshala
Jody Haines is the?Curator and Exhibitions Co-ordinator?for?Brisbane Powerhouse, one of Australia?s leading Multi Arts institutions. Together with Brisbane Powerhouse she? has developed a solid programme of documentary based photography delivering over 90 photographic exhibitions ranging from international to local artists. Haines is the curator for the slide-show on?Australian photography?and will also hold a?workshop?on curating at?Pathshala.
Visit Jody Haines? website:?http://jodyhainesphotography.com/
Tag: jody haines
Curating 101 by Jody Haines
By Jody Haines
This 4-day workshop on curating is designed for the photographers in Asian countries who are interested in curating and want to be engaged in the process of curation.
The workshop will help the participants to understand the basic steps of curating, from generating ideas to implementation. Process includes how to design an exhibition, how to install it and how to create a space for the audience to interact with body of work.
Workshop facilitator Jody Haines/ curator of Brisbane powerhouse start working with each participant in February 2nd, right after the 1st?week of Chobimela, international festival of photography in Dhaka.
Jody will share her work process. Along with lectures the participants will be given assignments to curate a body of work as a sketch.
- Venue-?Pathshala, 2nd Feb to 5th Feb, 2013
- Language-?Workshop will be conducted in English
- Timing-?Workshop will meet everyday from 10.30 am to 5 pm- but participants should be prepared to put in longer hours.
- Fee-?100 US Dollar/ 8000 thousand Bangladeshi Taka
- Logistics-?The fee is?excluding the cost of accommodation, food, Visa fee and all kind of logistics. The students should carry his/her digital camera and Laptop on his own.
- Participants-?10-12 students
- Eligible– We will give more priority to young (under 30) students from Asia.
- Curatorial project/ photographic portfolio– Max 15- Story/Series
- Dimension– 800 pixels, save as 8, jpeg
- Story text– Max 300 word
- Bio– Max 300 word
- Letter– A short letter explaining why you are interested in this workshop.
- Send email@example.com?(all in one zip file)
Application Deadline:?Jan 10th, 5 pm (Dhaka time), 2013
For more information please contact?Shahriar@pathshala.net
Bio ??Jody Haines
Jody Haines is a Curator of Photography from Australia with over 10 years of curatorial practice.??She has been the curator at Brisbane Powerhouse, one of Australia?s leading Multi Arts institutions, for the past 6 years. During this time she has developed a solid program of documentary based photography delivering over 90 photographic exhibitions ranging from International to local artists.??Jody?s main passion is for storytelling and providing a platform for the community to gain a glimpse and an understanding of the world we share.
Please Retweet #photography #chobimela #pathshala #Bangladesh