Open Call For Iranian and Bangladeshi Artists
Exchange Program (Iran ? Bangladesh)
1-31 July, 2016 ? Tehran
7 January ? 7 February?, 2017?? Dhaka
10 May, 2016
Pathshala?and Kooshk Residency present the first?round of?exchange program between Tehran and Dhaka?for two Bangladeshi?and two Iranian visual artists. This exchange program exists out of two parts. The first part is held from 1-31 July,?2016 in Tehran, Iran.
In?this residency, the Bangladeshi?artists have the opportunity to work in Tehran, Iran and collaborate with the Iranian artists. During this time, the space will be open to a local public of artists, students, and art critics. The program will end with a presentation and a panel discussion. Continue reading “Open Call For Iranian and Bangladeshi Artists”
The UNESCO/Aschberg Bursaries for Artists Programme and the Instituto Sacatar in Itaparica, Brazil, are pleased to announce the upcoming selection process for the UNESCO/Aschberg bursaries to Sacatar.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 15 OCTOBER 2012.
Three bursaries will be awarded for an eight-week artist residency at Sacatar?s beachside estate on the island of Itaparica in Brazil. The bursary includes:
- Airfare from the artist?s closest international airport to Salvador, Bahia, Brazil (arranged and provided by UNESCO/Aschberg)
- A personal studio appropriate to the artist?s discipline
- A private room with attached bath
- Meal service
- Logistical support for the duration of the artist?s stay
During the residency, the artist is free to use the time and space as he or she sees fit, but we encourage artists to take full advantage of our beachside location on the island of Itaparica, across the bay from Salvador, Brazil, in the heart of the Brazilian state of Bahia, with its strong local culture deeply rooted in traditions out of Africa.
Applicants to the UNESCO/Aschberg bursaries must be
between the ages of 25 and 35 at the time of application;
born and living in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Russia and/or the former socialist republics, Australia, New Zealand and/or the Pacific Islands (that is, from anywhere in the world except from the Americas or Western Europe).
Artists may submit applications in the following disciplines:
- Visual Arts (including performance, photography, handicrafts, architecture, etc.)
- Music Composition
- Creative Writing (in any language)
Full details can be found under APPLICATION at?www.sacatar.org.
The three UNESCO/Aschberg bursaries will be awarded for the following eight-week residency session:
6 MAY ? 1 JULY 2013
Applications must be sent electronically to?[email protected]. There is no application fee for the UNESCO/Aschberg Bursaries for Artists Programme.
Click on the APPLICATION page at?www.sacatar.org?for full details about how to apply for one of the UNESCO/Aschberg bursaries to Sacatar and to DOWNLOAD the UNESCO/Aschberg Application Form.
REMEMBER: THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 15 OCTOBER 2012.
Open Call for 2013 Residence Programs!
Fukuoka Asian Art Museum (FAAM) has conducted Artist, Researcher/ Curator in Residence Program annually.
The program invites Asian artists and researchers or curators for an extended period of time to Fukuoka to present a range of interactive programs such as workshops and lectures together with the invitees. The application will be accepted from 1 July to until 31 October 2012.
More information @;
Open Call for residence programs for 2013
Open Call for residence programs for 2013! Artists and researchers/curators will be selected from 21 countries/region in Asia. The program will be placing even more importance on ?exchange? with the museum visitors and local community through a creative channel of art.
- Number of Participants to be Selected:
4 artists (1st and 2nd period)
2 researchers/curators (3rd period)
- Countries/ Region Applicable:
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- Residency Period:
1st period: 15 May to 23 July 2013 (70 days)
2nd period: 11 September to 19 November 2013 (70 days)
3rd period: 15 January to 25 March 2014 (42 days max in this period)
- Applications are Accepted between:
1 July to 31 August 2012
For more information, please refer to the following pages.
|Dear friends of photographyONLY ONE WEEK LEFT
DANISH DIGITAL 2012 will close for registration of entries on 4 February.
DANISH DIGITAL 2012 is an international salon of photography organanised by Fotoklubben Negativ, Roskilde, Denmark, under patronage of FIAP (2012/007) and under PSA recognition. Further, DANISH DIGITAL 2012 is recognised by Society of Danish Photography and by United Photographers International (UPI).
There are three sections – monochrome, colour and nature.Altogether there are 75 prizes to be won!?For full conditions of entry and for entering DANISH DIGITAL 2012, please visit www.danishdigital.dk.
Looking forward to receiving your entries.
DANISH DIGITAL 2012
Culture Lab & ISIS Arts Residency Programme?
Call for Applications
Culture Lab and ISIS Arts are excited to be launching ?their second joint, open call for a Resident in 2012. ?Proposals are invited from practitioners and researchers from across the spectrum of creative art, design and technology to undertake research in Culture Lab for a minimum of 3 weeks between 1 April ? 14 December 2012.
Nortd, Lasersaur, (Culture Lab and ISIS Arts residency artists 2011)
An interest in one of the following topics is desirable but applications are also invited from candidates with other interests:
– Data Visualisation / Interactive Visualisation
– New Ways of Interaction and Communication
– Audiovisual and Sound Interfaces/ Biofeedback Applications
– Digital Fabrication
– Social, Cultural and Ethical Practice of Emerging Technologies
You would have use of Culture Lab?s research facilities and equipment, a fee of ?2500 (to include travel, accommodation and materials).
Based at Newcastle University, Culture Lab http://culturelab.ncl.ac.uk, is:
– A centre for creative inquiry in the broadest sense of the term
– A world class research facility for experimentation in interactive media
– A university resource to incubate and facilitate interdisciplinary activity
– A leader in the region?s cultural ecology, providing knowledge for a digital?society.
Based in Newcastle City Centre, ISIS Arts is an artist led, visual and media arts organisation, which runs an international programme of commissions, residencies and events. ISIS Arts? core ethos is to support artists to facilitate international and inter-cultural exchange and to engage as wide an audience as possible in dialogue with artists and artworks. Actively seeking out and engaging with artists of all backgrounds and cultures to produce work that explores identity and challenges prejudice, creating projects of international relevance and local significance.
What we will provide: ?
– Access to Culture Lab?s highly sought after research facilities which?range from an 8-camera motion capture system to a professional?standard recording studio and Digital Fabrication Lab. Access to ISIS
Arts studio spaces for visiting artists
– Integration into Culture Lab?s community of research staff and?students, and ISIS Art?s regional community of artists and practitioners
– A budget of up to ?2500 to offset costs of production, living expenses,?travel and accommodation
How To Apply ?
Please submit, via email, to Sarah Greenhalgh ([email protected]) the following: ?
– A project proposal (up to 2-sides of A4), detailing residency activities and?proposed work plan for minimum 3-week period (which can be?consecutive or non-consecutive weeks). Include in this document how the?residency will further the artistic/research direction you have proposed,?as well as a description of a proposed format for public presentation at the?end of the residency.
– A budget detailing your proposed use of up to ?2500 residency grant.
– Work sample, submitted via a link to a website (Please do not submit?attachments via email).
– The dates you would prefer to undertake the residency.
– A curriculum vitae, outlining recent work, exhibition, performance and?research activities.
For full details about this opportunity and how to apply please visit the ISIS Arts website: http://www.isisarts.org.uk/opportunities
Dear All and one!
Google+ is only a few months old, but the photography community is already thriving on it. More than 3.4 billion photos have been uploaded to the platform in the first 100 days from far-away places to up-close faces. Seven days left for Google Photography Prize submissions!
Some great prizes to be won:
10 finalists chosen by a jury of renowned photographers will show their work at Saatchi Gallery, London for two months in 2012.
Categories: ?Me; ?Food; Travel; Fashion; Action; Street; Sport; Night; Sound/Silence; Point-of-view
How to submit photos?
1.???? Submit your photos to Google+
2.???? Fill out the submission form at:?http://www.google.com/landing/photographyprize/submission.html
Wish you best of luck!
Abdullah Al Razwan (Nabin)
Pathshala South Asian Media Academy
- The $15,000 Arnold Newman Prize for New Directions in Photographic Portraiture.
- Adobe presents the Breakthrough Photography Award to celebrate artists creating compelling works through digital imaging. An award of $1,000 prize and Adobe? Creative Suite? 5.5 Master Collection will be given to the winner.
- The Marty Forscher Fellowship Fund cash award to one professional and one student winner.
- The Sony Emerging Photographer Award to one emerging photographer who will receive a Sony camera and a $1,000 cash prize.
- Ten winners will receive a Nielsen Photo Group membership which includes; subscriptions to PDN and Rangefi nder magazines, a PDN PhotoPlus Expo Gold Expo Pass, a PhotoServe portfolio and discounts on WPPI and PDN contests.
- PDN Editor’s Choice Award: one winner will receive a full-page self promotion ad in an upcoming issue of PDN.
Photography Prize of the Fondation des Treilles
Created in 2011, this prize is committed to providing means for the production and the promotion of photographic works, which subjects are related to the Mediterranean world. The prize is made o fboth an allowance of 2650 euros per month for a period ranging from two to eight months coming with a living residency which can not be less than one month, specially in order to insure the achievement of the development of the photos at Les Treilles.
The winners of the prize are accommodated in the Bergerie house. Meals and house cleaning are taken care of by the Foundation?s staff, so that residents can fully concentrate on their work.
For the achivement of their work, they will find on the estate on one hand a digital lab complete with professional computer and large format gicl? printer and, on the other hand, a darkroom with multi format Beseler enlarger is also available for those who whish to process and print black and white photos.
Residents are invited to take also advantage the library and the wireless Internet connection which are available in the Grande Maison.
The artists who whish to apply for the 2012 Residence are invited to?read the terms of participation and follow the described procedure.
For any question or any need of further information, please send a message to?[email protected]
For the?2012 Residence,?application form and files must be emailed to the above mentioned e-address:?[email protected],? between?June 15 and September 30, 2011.